It’s Friday – so we’re celebrating. We’ve decided to STOP beating ourselves up about all the things we don’t achieve, and start celebrating the things we do.
Even the little things. Like getting through a week that’s left us feeling more like an Emergency Response Team than a couple of writers…
So in the spirit of kindness (to ourselves), here’s some of the things we’ve achieved lately:
- We’ve written three blog posts… (a new world record for us!)
- We’ve (almost) finished the ‘Bible’ for our children’s TV series. Just a couple of tweaks and we’re done
- Louise is midway through a complete re-write of that dusty old manuscript (and it’s come full circle, back to the original story after a detour…of about two years)
- Sandra has finished an early reader manuscript and it’s ‘incubating’ – along with lots of new ideas
- We’ve been madly tech-editing a huge pre-feasibility study – we call it therapy (so does our Bank Manager. He’s feeling much better.)
- We’ve both been working on our family businesses (instead of avoiding them)
- We’ve both got a clearer picture of our goals
- We’ve taken time to hang out with our blokes and our kids
- We’ve fitted in some ‘me time’ (surprisingly) and even booked ourselves some indulgent moments (mine was the most delicious Thai foot massage yesterday, mmmmm).
I think that’s pretty good for one mad week. What have you achieved this week? Written 500 words or more, started working on that website you’ve been thinking about, gone for a run or to the gym, written a blog post? Whatever it is – big or small – it’s a celebration.
Louise and Sandra